Sunday, March 27, 2011

Degrees, Diameters and Exponents

"%%D Doesn't Work!!!!"

I can hear the converts from AutoCAD chuckling....

I have been perplexed for a long time about how to get different symbols to come up in my Revit annotations.

The degree symbols, diameter symbols, exponents, greek characters.

The other day i finally got off my lazy but and did a search.  Google sent me to Revit City and I found this a forum post on how to do it:


Forums >> Revit Building >> Technical Support >> how to type degree symbol in text

To check the mapping on your machine, go to your START BUTTON and follow this:


Its takes you to the character mapping set and you'll get this panel:


and this...



and this...



Mapping is indicated in the bottom right corner and I am a happy man...

Yeah i know its old news but cut me some slack, i am still pretty new to the party...

2 comments:

  1. Easier method see http://cadalot-revitlearningcurve.blogspot.com/2009/11/subscript-superscript-and-symbols.html

    ReplyDelete